Here are the highlights for the June ArtWalk:
La Retama Park
5:30pm Corpus Christi Flag Weekend Proclamation to be read from the CC Flag Float on Mesquite Street by the park Music arranged by athirdeye productions:
- Kathrine 5:00 – 5:30
- DNS 5:45 – 6:15
- Independent Thieves 6:30 – 7:15
- Microphonic 7:30 – 8:15
- 2D 8:30 – 9:00
9:00pm the prize draw and Scavenger Hunt awards take place at the Information tent
The Art Tunnel
- The Uptown/Downtown tunnel will be open from 5:30pm until 9:30pm with entrances on Upper Broadway in front of the 600 Building and La Retama Park behind the stage area and will have an installation by Ryan O’Malley and Marc Brunier-Mestas.
House of Rock on Starr Street
- Featuring 90 Proof playing your 90′s favorites during ArtWalk
Coffee Waves Downtown, 320 William
- Featuring the art of Trevor Spoffard
Treehouse Art Collective in WaterStreet Market
- Featuring the fine art photography of Dixie Lee.
Creative Connections Gallery in Heritage park
- Featuring the watercolor and oil paintings of Victoria Marcellan Allen for June’s ArtWalk. The colorful paintings of Victoria Marcellan Allen reveals her love of nature. Exhibit opening at 5:30pm – 8:30pm on Friday May 31st in the historic Merriman Bobys home in Heritage Park.
- Gallery exhibit will be open for the monthly Art in the PARK June 1st and 2nd from 10am – 4pm and continues through June 27th on Wednesdays – Saturdays 11am – 3pm or by appointment.
- Live music for Art in the PARK in Heritage Park / S.E.A.District begins on Saturday, June 1 with R & R. The classy tunes with a touch of brass from this group are the local Coffee Waves favorite.
- Free “make and take” KidZone art activities for children 12 and under are available for Art in the PARK on Saturday June 1st – Sunday June 2nd from 10am-4pm
Atelier International Gallery
- A.I. Art Gallery, located at 509 Lawrence St., Ste. 203, is continuing the art exhibition, “Tribute to Moms”. Artists participating from Corpus Christi, TX – Lara Garza Jimenez, Elizabeth Figueroa, Georgia Griffin, Grace Barraza – Vega, Louis Garcia, Sylvia Ramsey, Chris Knioum. Artists from Brownsville, TX – Renata Lara, Maricela Puente, Ali Zulfiker. Artist from Rio Grande City, TX – Ashley Belmontes & Artist from Edinburg, TX – Paul Valadez.
Envoy Mortgage 509 Lawrence Street
- Art by Coastal Bend Artist together with music and refreshments.
Museum of Hispanic Culture, 1617 N Chaparral
- Will be open to the public from 5:30pm until 8pm. Come visit with this little known jewel of the community!
Art Museum of South Texas
- Free admission to ArtWalkers, 5:30 – 9 p.m.
- On view:
- - Dorothy Hood (1918-2000): A Sampling
- - Mediterranea: American Art from the Graham D. Williford Foundation Collection
- - A Noble Pastime: Hunting Pictures from the Collection of the Sarah Campbell Blaffer Foundation
- Adult painting program – “Canvas, Cocktails & Conversation” — 6 -8 p.m.
- Join artist Diana Carter and learn to create a landscape using acrylic paint. A glass of wine and appetizer plate are included with the class fee. RSVPs are required. $35-members/$45-nonmembers
- Hester’s Café is closed for a private event.
Dr Rockit’s Blues Bar , 709 N Chaparral
- Featuring the art work of Johnathan Canals and music by The Green Party. On Saturday night music by Another level.
Harrison’s Landing on the Peoples St T-Head
- Featuring music by Collin Roche
Star Studio Photography, 309 N Water
- Grand Opening from 6pm until 9pm
- K Space Contemporary 415 Starr Street
- Music provided by Newman
- Opening in the Art Star and Hot Spot Galleries, May 31 – June 28:
- Manic Architectronics – Sebastian Stoddart
- Art Star Gallery will show Stoddart’s small “nail drawings”, prints and sculpture while the Hot Spot will play host to Stoddart’s massive wood-frame installation. In Stoddart’s own words: “I use media and processes involving traditional construction to represent my internalized framework and projected blueprints of my psyche. Various types of wood, schematics, structural fasteners, clinical items, and pristine craftsmanship are utilized. Continuous analysis and familial historical associations to this media are scrutinized, relating to internalized metamorphoses. These Case Studies are represented by large scale modular installations, wall mounted nail reliefs, suspended networks of architectural forms, and flat schematics. The audience is not only invited to view my own personal expressions, but share and develop their own reflections.” – Sebastian Stoddart
- Continuing in the Main Gallery through June 21:
- Summoned: cast metal sculpture from the Texas Atomic Iron Commission
- Officially founded in 2007, the Texas Atomic Iron Commission is a collaborative organization that brings together universities, industry, students and artists. The commission provides members with opportunities with networking, exhibitions, pouring cast iron sculpture and the exchange of ideas. Participating institutions include Abilene Christian University, Baylor University, Keen Foundry, Lamar University, Tarrant County College Northwest Campus, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Texas Woman’s University, The University of Dallas, and The University of Texas at Tyler.
- The Texas Atomic Iron Commission has presented at numerous national conferences and symposia, as well as exhibiting sculpture at The Dishman Art Museum; Lamar University, The Martin Museum of Art; Baylor University, The East | West Galleries; Texas Woman’s University, The Nancy Fyfe Cardozier Gallery; The University of Texas of the Permian Basin, and Burris Hall Gallery; New Mexico Highlands University.
- Funding for this programming provided by City of Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation, Arts & Cultural Commission
Ritz Theatre 715 N Chaparral
- Once again raffling off an Elvis ceramic bust painted by a local artist
- drop by and get tickets for the prize draw in the park too.
Art Center of Corpus Christi 100 Shoreline
- Featuring music by Clark Harshbarger 5:30 – 7:30pm
- 7:30 PM – Ballet Folkloric demonstration by the Ballet Folklorico Viva Mexico dance group
Studio C opening night!
- Come sign your kids up for Summer Art Camps at the Art Center. We will have camp instructors, demos of camp activities, and our Education Coordinator ready answer questions!
Gignac Associates Parking Lot 416 Starr Street
- Music from 5:30pm til 9pm:
- Stoned 5:30 – 6:10
- Cavegirl 6:30 – 7:10
- Flying Fish 7:30 – 8:10
- Victory By Birthright 8:30 – 9:00
Water Street Village 505 S Water Street
- presents a Drum circle & Live music TBA
- The Tango Tea Room featuring Artist Larry Running Turtle
- MusicWalk starts at noon on the Lawrence Street T-Head as part of Marina Market Days. Musicians organized by athirdeye Production
- See web site for details Marina Market Days
- The MusicWalk moves to La Retama Park and other locations Downtown from 4pm.
- Check the website and Facebook page for details
LOCATION: The Galvan House, 1581 Heritage Park:
- The BridgeWalk will commence at 7:30am for the summer season. Please note we will endeavour to start the walk at 7:30am prompt.
Fitness Sunday List of Events:
- 7:30am – 8:45am Bridge walk / run
- 8:30am Yoga class by Youga Yoga
- 8:30 – 10am Toe Joint Excercise Program by Dr Murad
- 8:45 – 9:30am Tai Chi by Taoist Tai Chi Society of the USA
- 9:00 to 9:45am Zumba by Z-Live
- 9:30am Yoga class by Youga Yoga
- 10 – 10:20am Capoeira by Corpus Christi Brazilian Capoeira)
HURRICANE ALLEY Roller Derby will have about 20 girls plus family members coming out to support the BridgeWalk event.
1521 N Chaparral Street (within Heritage Park) offer their independent event “Art in the Park”
starting, during “BridgeWalk” at 10am and continuing with activities and music until 4pm.
Also, The Centenniel House at 411 Upper Broadway is now open the first Sunday of the Month from Noon – 4pm…Special tours for 10 or more may be arranged by calling 882-8691.